What is Fair Trade?
Shoppers in the developed world enjoy a lavish array of inexpensive goods while 1.7 million people die each year for lack of clean water and basic sanitation.
Conscientious consumers are beginning to leverage this immense buying power for hope and justice by spending their money in a meaningful way.
Eternal Threads is committed to making commerce work for the disadvantaged… where all people have the opportunity to benefit from the fruits of their labor.
We market quality goods from diverse cultures made by people that we care about and therefore conduct business in a manner that is fair. We operate as a business with a compassionate mission so that artisans are able to live a live of quality.
As members of the Fair Trade Federation, we adhere to the following principles:
- Opportunities for economically disadvantaged producers.
- Gender equity.
- Transparency and accountability.
- Capacity building.
- Payment of a fair price.
- Healthy working conditions.
- Environmental sustainability.
- Promotion of Fair Trade principles.
How we accomplish these goals:
- Visit producers/projects on site.
- Provide 50% advance funding for all orders given to producers enabling them to purchase raw materials.
- Strive for long-term relationships with producers providing training and helping to resolve production problems.